Kaiserwinkl
Search
Back to overview

Pfarrkirche Walchsee

Pfarrkirche Walchsee
Kirchgasse 3
6344 Walchsee
  • 0043 5374 5209

    show

Information

The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist in a letter of indulgence from the year 1399 as a branch church of Ebbs. In 1891, this vicariate was raised to an independent parish. The old Gothic church was enlarged in baroque style in 1702. The Hochaltar created in 1760 Josef Martin Lengauer, sculptor in Kitzbühel. The altarpiece, the baptism of Christ and the three paintings on the vault, depicting a cycle from the life of John the Baptist, are by M. Streicher from Salzburg. Church service

Location & arrival

Pfarrkirche WalchseeKirchgasse 3
A-6344 WalchseeGPS 47.6503858 / 12.3185826

One moment

Information loading...