Kaiserwinkl
Search
Back to overview

Pfarrkirche Schwendt

Pfarrkirche Schwendt
Dorf 1
6385 Schwendt
  • 0043 5375 6244

    show

Information

In 1280 the construction of a Gothic church was begun. In 1390 the sanctuary took place, and the church was consecrated to St. Aegius, the patron of the countrymen. It contains a pleasing altarpiece of the church patron, statues of the painful mother and the scourged savior at the side altars. On the walls, during the last restoration in 1961, baroque apostles and remains of late Gothic frescoes were exposed. The exterior wall of the church is adorned with a painting by St. Christopher, whose art historians date back to the 14th century. Impressively, he presents himself as the protector of all hikers. Church service

Location & arrival

Pfarrkirche SchwendtDorf 1
A-6385 SchwendtGPS 47.6320208 / 12.3917426

One moment

Information loading...