Safe to your destination and back
Safety comes first – especially when you are out enjoying the mountains! After an eventful holiday in Kaiserwinkl, you need to return home safely. Here are important tips for your walks and tours – both in summer and winter.
- Make an honest assessment of your own capabilities in selecting the right tour
- Before departing on a mountain tour, you should inform yourself about the weather and route conditions. Ask your accommodation provider or the tourist information offices in Kössen or Walchsee.
- Let your accommodation provider know of the mountain tour route and return time you plan! That will help rescuers get to where they are needed quicker in an emergency
- Never go alone and always take a cellular phone with you
Help via phone and app
You can contact mountain rescue 365 days a year, 24 hours per day on the Mountain emergency line
EMERGENCY APP from Tyrol Mountain Rescue: Download the free emergency App for Tyrol on your smartphone! In an emergency situation you can inform the mountain rescue control centre in Tyrol of your position (by GPS coordinates) at the touch of a button and get in touch by telephone. Rescuers will immediately be alarmed and arranged.
Tyrol Mountain Rescue
- Ultimate in professional training ongoing
- Many years of experience
- Local knowledge
- World’s biggest density of helicopters in Tyrol
Our tip: You can sponsor the mountain rescue for just 28 Euro per year and get mountain insurance for you and the whole family. With this there are no rescue costs due in case of an emergency.
Note: Also with a cancellation insurance by Europäische Reiseversicherung you are insured against search and rescue costs.