Kaiserwinkl Cattle Drive cancelled
the cattle drive in Kössen will not take place this year
due to the Covid-19 guidelines
The annual cattle drive is one of those festivals in Tyrol that shows off the superb embodiment of an agricultural tradition to locals and guests alike. The "Alm Hoamfahr'n" cattle drive in Kössen is alive and well. This is the time when the alpine cattle are taken through the village, adorned with colourful decorations and with their bells resounding, accompanied by the proud alpine farmers and their helpers. The ambience which visitors get to enjoy at this event is truly unique. And it is this uniqueness that everyone can be very proud of. The event takes place whatever the weather and entry is free!
With a historic parade and a great supporting program
- 10:30 am Invasion of the Federal Music Chapel Kössen - afterwards concert at the music pavilion
- Cannon group of the "Landsturm 1809" association Kössen
- The flag of the country youth Kössen
- Schlechinger Alphornbläser
- Berger Goaßlschnalzer
- Noriker Verein Kössen with the historical move
- Entertainment with the "Koasawinkl musicians" and the "Fuchs Buam"
- Delicacies from the Kaiserwinkl
- schnapps and cheese sales
- From about 12:30 am the colorful Almvieh come through the village, accompanied by the proud alpine farmers and their helpers.